Polyglass has redesigned the manufacturing process to develop patent-pending SEALLap ULTRA.
SEALLap ULTRA is the patented, granule-free, and self-adhesive compound in the side lap of Polyglass’ ADESO® granulated cap sheets.
By applying self-adhesive compound in the granule-free side lap, as well as the bottom layer, ADESO Self-Adhered modified bitumen membranes now offer a side-lap with greater shear strength than any other mod-bit roofing assembly. This includes torch, mop cold process, or any other non-Polyglass self-adhered roofing membrane. When compared to similar membranes and traditional application methods:
- Cold Process – SBS Modified Bitumen Membrane 3.14 Seam Peel Testing (lbf)
- Torch Applied – APP Modified Bitumen Membrane 7.16 Seam Peel Testing (lbf)
- Hot Applied – SBS Modified Bitumen Membrane 7.54 Seam Peel Testing (lbf)
- Self-adhered – SBS Modified Bitumen Membrane 7.73 Seam Peel Testing (lbf)
The newly redesigned manufacturing process applies a self-adhesive compound to the side lap as well as on the bottom layer of the membrane. SA to SA bond of SEALLap ULTRA has many benefits:
- Labor and time savings
- More efficient and less costly installation
- Instant side lap bond
- Monolithic seal
- Cleaner application
- Safe, no open flame application
- Superior watertight sealing